Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I can't take the whining!


Fourth of July weekend: Tyler with his cousins Sadie and Mason at Grandma and Grandpa Cook's house in Fairbanks. With 80+ degree weather, the kids had to turn the sprinkler on.

Goofing around with Mom.


"Mom! I said I wanted M&Ms! Not rice cereal!"...Luke's first solid food experience.

So we've been up in Fairbanks since July 3rd. A few things I've learned:
  • Lack of sleep in three-year-olds leads to even more whining than before...exponentially more.

  • Too much sun exposure in three-year-olds leads to more whining.

  • Not getting the exact same McDonald's toy as one's idolized cousin leads to more whining.

  • Not having Daddy around...more whining.

  • Lack of sleep in moms leads to crankiness...even more than before. (Luke has GOT to start sleeping through the night. That's goal number 1 when we get back to Anchorage.)

  • Being in Fairbanks makes me happy, even if I am cranky and can't take the whining!





    • 3 comments:

      Trina Davis said...

      I can't believe how big he's getting. And, very cute picture of you Lizzy with Tyler. Isn't it special to be with family. There just isn't anything quite like it. We are going down this weekend and I'm excited. But I always seem to get soooo tired too. But, it's still worth it.
      Love,
      trina

      annie said...

      WOW! I hadn't realized you were that new to BLOGGING!! :o) I love it so far! Keep it coming... I'm going to add you to my list of blogs I can stalk regularly!! HAHA! I'll be sending your picture CD Monday!! WOO HOO! Talk to you soon.

      Jenny said...

      I saw your photos thanks to Annie. They were great. You and Katie haven't aged a bit in the last 10+ years. What a cute family you have.